ED3221 - Technologies Secondary Curriculum 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
The construction of pedagogical content knowledge in the junior secondary school is
the focus of this subject. Students will become familiar with current curriculum in
the Technologies learning area; examine the essential components of Technologies programs
appropriate to secondary schooling; identify and understand the skills, attitudes
and technology concepts that can be developed in a technology program; and explore
a range of issues that impact on teaching and learning in secondary contexts. This
subject will also explore discipline-specific curriculum planning, assessment and
teaching strategies appropriate to junior secondary schooling.
- develop an understanding of key concepts in the Technology curriculum;
- build a repertoire of learning/teaching strategies in Technology;
- develop skills in planning and assessing learning activities for students;
- become familiar with Technology learning area requirements and a range of issues that
impact on teaching and learning in secondary contexts;
- demonstrate Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at a developed level.
||ED2488 and minimum of 12 credit points of CP subjects
Study Period 1
|Census Date 28-Mar-2019
|Face to face teaching
(Facilitated workshops dates and times TBA - conducted within the Study Period dates)
||Dr Kelsey Lowrie, Dr Leanne Cameron.
- 13 hours workshops/Seminars - 13hrs Facilitated plus additional negotiated hours.
||in class test (20%); unit part b (40%); unit part a (partly invigilated as includes a presentation component) (40%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest