ED3215 - Health and Physical Education Secondary Curriculum 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
Secondary Health & Physical Education Curriculum provides an introduction to HPE in
the middle schooling years. This subject will introduce the theoretical, socio-cultural
and pedagogical aspects that underpin relevant and appropriate State and National
curriculum texts. The subject will include investigation of the rationale for the
HPE curriculum area and associated links to social sustainability and Indigenous perspectives.
This subject will develop discipline specific lesson and unit planning, assessment
and teaching strategies appropriate to Year 10 and in doing so address the relevant
AITSL standards at a developed level.
- be able to identify and evaluate the curriculum framework, content, processes and
- be able to design engaging, effective and appropriate learning experiences for HPE
that promote maximum participation and are supportive of student social justice, equity
- be able to develop an understanding of the sociocultural, philosophical and pedagogical
basis of the HPE curriculum and be able to apply this to the teaching of HPE;
- conduct safe, educationally sound and contextually appropriate micro-teaching demonstrations
and be able to critique and give feedback on the lessons taken by your peers.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 28-Mar-2019
||Assoc. Professor Leanne Dalley
||Ms Michelle Williamson.
- 39 hours - Lectures and Tutorials/Workshops
||tutorial attendance and participation (20%); micro-teaching (30%); assignments (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest