CP5640 - Information Management and Analytics Technology
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Science and Engineering
Please note that this subject is offered through JCU Online.
Today's business organizations depend and thrive on timely, accurate and strategically
relevant information. But as technology enables the creation and capture of ever-increasing
amounts of data, effective management and efficient analysis of that information is
becoming a significant challenge. Organizations that can access on-demand information,
trust its accuracy and turn it into strategic insight can achieve superior outcomes
and gain a real competitive advantage. This subject examines the technologies, information,
and analytics that are important for effective management and control of modern firms.
- Examine the technologies, information and analytics that are essential for effective
management and control of businesses;
- Develop a framework for application of data analysis to management and leadership
- Collate and synthesise information on digital technologies to make industry-based
and entrepreneurial management decisions;
- Apply problem-solving creative and innovative thinking to decision-making processes
in a digital management environment.
||Admission to Graduate Diploma or Master of Business Administration Global and completion
of 12 credit points of postgraduate subjects
Study Period 83
|Census Date 16-May-2019
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 65 hours - Online resources including readings, screencasts, embedded quizzing
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||Online - JCU
|| (20%); (40%); (40%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest