AR2406 - Hominin Evolution
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject critically traces recent developments in the study of human and non-human
primate evolution with a special focus on members of the Hominidae and Pongidae. Both
fossil and living evidence is examined, as are possibilities for further research
on hominoid evolution.
- acquire an understanding of how to set up an appropriate research design for work
on hominoid evolution;
- acquire an understanding of primate and human evolution;
- acquire skills for relevant archaeological laboratory methods;
- acquire skills for relevant archaeological survey methods;
- learn how to distinguish critically between biological, cultural and biocultural evolution.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest