WS4514 - Theories for Social Work Practice
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject further explores and critically analyses the major groupings of theories
within social work practice and the historical and ideological foundations of such
theories are studied and compared. Students will further extend their practice philosophy
and skills within these theoretical frameworks, on a foundation of social justice
- critically examine a wide range of social work theories;
- critically examine differing implications of social work theories for practice;
- extend practice skills and decisions based on this critique;
- implement/develop practice, based on social justice principles;
- Masters students will be expected to achieve these outcomes at advanced levels.
||WS3515 OR ADMITTED TO COURSE CODE 103804 AND ALLOW CONCURRENT ENROLMENT IN WS5516
Study Period 1
|Census Date 22-Mar-2018
||Dr Ann Carrington.
- 10 hours - 10 hours of study required per week.
|Method of Delivery:
|| (50%); assignments (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest