WS4504 - Field Education 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
Available to BSW students.
Students will undertake a 500 hours block placement with an accredited social work
supervisor to prepare them for entry into professional social work. Preparation for
placement takes place in Study period 1 and 2, students attend workshop in July.
- demonstrate knowledge of and critically reflect on values, ethics and professionalism
in daily social work practice;
- demonstrate and critically reflect on culturally responsive and inclusive practice;
- analyses and synthesise social work theories, concepts, methods and techniques, and
apply to practice;
- apply effective communication and interpersonal skills, in a range of settings and
contexts, informed by critical reflections on use of self;
- implement advanced information recording and sharing strategies;
- actively participate in professional development and supervision through critical
reflection and research.
- journals, learning plan, quiz, end of placement presentation.
||WS3503 AND WS4514 AND (WS4511 OR WS5611). ALLOW CONCURRENT IN WS4511
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
||Dr Ines Zuchowski, Mrs Jodi Sariman
||Mrs Jo Bentley-Davey, Ms Sandra Croaker.
- 39 hours - Online Engagement
- 500 hours professional Experience
|Method of Delivery:
||andFace to faceWWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest