WS4005 - Social Inquiry Analysis
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
Introduction to research designs relevant to human services and social policy research;
and qualitative and quantitative methods of information analysis.
- Students should make considerable progress towards gaining: understanding of a number
of research designs;
- ability to critically assess and consume research studies and proposals;
- ability to develop an applied social research investigation;
- knowledge of which research designs to use given research aims and parameters;
- skills in analysing qualitative and quantitative information;
- skills in reporting research.
||SS1103 OR SY2005 OR WS2007 OR SS2004. WS3515
Study Period 1
|Census Date 22-Mar-2018
||Assoc. Professor Nonie Harris
||Dr Ann Carrington, Assoc. Professor Nonie Harris.
- 10 hours - 10 hours of study required per week.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||designing a quantitative study (40%); qualitative research report (60%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest