WS3503 - Field Education 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
Students will undertake a 500 hours block placement with an accredited community welfare
or social work supervisor. This provides the foundation for further theoretical, empirical
and applied study. Placement preparation workshops will be held prior to placement
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of values, ethics and professionalism in daily social
- describe and engage in culturally responsive and inclusive practice;
- explain social work theories, concepts, methods and techniques, and apply to practice;
- apply appropriate communication and interpersonal skills, informed by reflections
on use of self;
- implement information recording and sharing strategies;
- actively participate in professional development and supervision.
|To undertake this subject, students must have successfully completed 12 credit points
(four subjects) of level 1 study at tertiary level
||WS2510 AND WS2511 AND WS3515 Allow concurrent in WS3515
Study Period 1
|Census Date 22-Mar-2018
||Dr Ines Zuchowski
||Dr Ines Zuchowski, Ms Sandra Croaker, Dr Amanda Nickson, Ms Tracey Dickinson, Ms Sally Watson.
- 18 hours - Week 1-6 online preplacement seminars (total 18hrs) and integration seminars.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||learning plan, online quizz, mid-placement assessment, end of placement assessment,
statement of learning (1,500 words), daily practice journal, attendance at all integration
workshops, pre-placement planning workshops and completion of pre-placement tasks.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest