WS2511 - Professional Values and Ethics
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject studies the values and ethics which underpin professional practice in
social work and community welfare, in the context of social and moral philosophy.
- Explain ethical theory and alternative philosophical perspectives on the nature of
- Identify value conflicts and ethical dilemmas in order to engage ethical professional
- Analyse and apply a number of ethical decision-making frameworks, guidelines, principles
and processes to manage value conflicts and ethical dilemmas;
- Critically reflect on and evaluate actions and outcomes of ethical decision-making.
- Non-Invigilated > Essays - (50%)
- case study - (50%).
|To undertake this subject, students must have successfully completed 12 credit points
(four subjects) of level 1 study at tertiary level
||WS1006 OR 12 CREDIT POINTS OF LEVEL 1 STUDY AT TERTIARY LEVEL
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
||Dr Vinnitta Mosby.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCUandOther
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest