TM5569 - Health Promotion Strategies and Methods
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
This subject will introduce students to the broad range of health promotion strategies
and methods that can be used to address health related problems at an individual,
group and population level. Theories and models of behaviour change will be introduced
and approaches that go across the continuum of health promotion interventions will
be discussed. Content will include educational approaches, community development and
engagement processes, partnerships, social marketing, capacity building, policy development
and approaches that create supportive environments.
- Understand the role of human behaviour in disease;
- Examine the breadth of health promotion strategies that can be used at an individual,
group and population level to address a health issue;
- Apply appropriate behavior change models and theories to the development of health
promotion strategies to address a health issue;
- Demonstrate the ability to apply culturally appropriate approaches to the development
of health promotion strategies;
- Apply the Ottawa Charter principles as a guide for ensuring a strategy mix in the
development of health promotion programs.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Ms Tammy Allen.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||assignments (85%); (15%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest