TM5513 - Public Health Management
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
This subject introduces management theory and skills as they pertain to public health.
Topics include: people management, strategic and operational leadership, managing
in teams, change management, project management, risk analysis and management, quality
improvement, management in various settings - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
and developing countries. Team work and conflict management will be improved through
- appraise the basic principles of management theory;
- apply management techniques in health care settings;
- critique and appraise effective team membership;
- appraise the important attributes of leadership;
- apply project management techniques to a public health problem.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
|Non-standard start/end 24-Jun-2019 to 22-Nov-2019
|Face to face teaching
24-Jun-2019 to 05-Jul-2019 (Please note early start date)
||Assoc. Professor Richard Franklin
||presentations (25%); assignments (40%); group assignment (35%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest