TH2710 - Contemporary Performance
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
This subject looks at selected contemporary plays from the perspective of the actor,
director, designer and spectator. Students will analyse selected plays as potential
performance texts and will examine the physical properties of text through practical
exploration. This will involve acting set pieces and/or providing a model for designing
or directing selected plays for an imagined production.
- the ability to analyse Australian plays within a social, political and historical
- the capacity to realise performance text within the framework of a rehearsed reading
of selected scenes in any set text;
- the ability to lead a seminar on selected aspects of the performance text that involves
researching the play's production history;
- the ability to participate in and contribute to seminar discussions;
- the capacity to explore the physical properties of texts.
||12CP OF LEVEL 1 SUBJECTS
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Assoc. Professor Robyn Glade-Wright
||<Person not found>.
- 39 hours workshops/Seminars
||presentations (25%); performance 1 25% (25%); essays (25%); performance 2 25% (25%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest