TH1720 - Australian Stage
|Student Contribution Band:||
|Administered by:||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject involves working with selected contemporary Australian plays from the perspective of the actor, director, designer and spectator. Students analyse selected plays as potential performance texts and examine the physical properties of text through practical explorations.
- the ability to analyse Australian plays within a social, political and historical context;
- the capacity to explore the physical properties of texts;
- the ability to lead a seminar on selected aspects of the performance text that involves researching the play's production history;
- the ability to participate and contribute in seminar discussions;
- the capacity to realise the performance text within the framework of a rehearsed reading of selected scenes in any set text.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest