SS1112 - Multicultural, Child and Adolescent Counselling
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Arts and Social Sciences (pre 2015)
This subject is designed to address issues in multicultural counselling, and explores
effects of race and gender on the counselling relationship. Counselling children and
adolescents has much in common with basic counselling. Students have the opportunity
to examine these similarities, and differences, and apply this knowledge to interviewing
a child or adolescent.
- awareness of gender and race issues in counselling;
- awareness of strategies and issues in counselling children;
- awareness of strategies and issues in counselling adolescents;
- awareness of strategies and issues in multicultural counselling;
- ability to apply counselling microskills to multicultural, child and adolescent contexts.
Study Period 52
|Census Date 17-Jul-2014
||<Person not found>.
- 12 hours lectures
- 12 hours tutorials
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest