SP2103 - Complementary Exercise Prescription
|Student Contribution Band:
||Sch Public Health,Trop Medicine&Rehabilitation Sc (pre 2015)
Available to Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science students and other students with
permission of the Head of School.
This subject introduces students to the science and professional practices underpinning
complementary exercise prescription including pilates, tai chi, massage and yoga.
It is designed to enable students to participate in, and critique, various complementary
exercise approaches which aim to develop self-awareness, to manage stress and to aid
- to contrast biomedical with holistic approaches to health and human movement;
- to describe the challenge posed by complementary health systems and techniques to
the orthodox scientific paradigm in exercise science;
- to understand the role of complementary exercise prescription in contemporary exercise
- to be able to present complementary exercise prescription practices information and
- to be able to discuss and critically evaluate contemporary complementary exercise
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||end of semester exam (% - 50%); presentations (% - 20%); assignments (% - 30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest