SL4103 - Honours Study in Speech Pathology 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Enrolment in this subject is restricted to all students enrolled in the Bachelor of
Speech Pathology with Honours including students from IHCAP stream who undertake Honours.
Students will complete the Honours Research Project commenced in SL3103 and SL3106
and progressed in SL4101. This will include completion of a presentation and a manuscript
to report the research findings.
- demonstrate the ability to conduct appropriate analysis with research data and extract
logical conclusions from the results;
- demonstrate academic writing skills by a research article suitable for publication
in an appropriate scientific journal;
- demonstrate the ability to present key information about their research in oral presentations.
|SL4006 SL4201 SL4301
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Ms Louise Brown
||Dr Trish Wielandt, Ms Louise Brown, Ms Frances Cochrane, Dr Chris Plant.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 14 hours workshops/Seminars
- 20 hours - Supervision meetings
- assessment and self-directed study
||presentations (20%); assignments (80%); progress report - hurdle (%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||Students must achieve at least 50% in each individual assessment item and must achieve
at least 50% overall in order to pass the subject. Students are required to attend
and actively participate in at least 80% of all scheduled classes. Total weightings
for the honours project are described in the Speech Pathology honours handbook.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest