SL4004 - Speech Pathology Clinical Processes F
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Enrolment is restricted to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Speech Pathology,
Speech Pathology IHCAP Program and the Bachelor of Speech Pathology Honours Programs.
This subject further develops students' clinical knowledge, skills and professional
attributes developed in SL4002, as outlined in CBOS 2011 with an emphasis on ongoing
professional and clinical skill development, in an authentic external clinical placement
setting. Students will participate in clinical placements with supervision and guidance
from clinical educators. Students will work directly with clients with activity limitations
and participation restrictions related to speech, language, voice, fluency, swallowing
and multi-modal communication.
- conduct effective speech pathology assessment, interpretation, planning and intervention
for clients with speech, language, voice, fluency, swallowing and multi-modal communication
- behave professionally and ethically and in accordance with the policies and procedures
of the clinical placement setting and the profession of speech pathology;
- justify one's own claim of achievement of entry level competence with reference to
- Performance/Practice/Product > Portfolio - (%) - Individual
- Performance/Practice/Product > Objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) - (%) - Individual
- Performance/Practice/Product > Professional placement performance - (%) - Individual.
Special Assessment Requirements
Passing requirements: complete and submit all assessment items; complete all placement
hours and activities; pass every assessment item.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 26-Aug-2021
- 12 hours tutorials - 2 hours per week x 6 weeks
- 256 hours clinical Placement
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest