SL4002 - Speech Pathology Practice 4
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Enrolment is restricted to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Speech Pathology,
Speech Pathology IHCAP Program and the Bachelor of Speech Pathology Honours Programs.
Students will participate in clinical placements with minimal supervision and guidance
from clinical educators. Students will work directly with clients with activity limitations
and participation restrictions related to speech, language, voice, fluency, swallowing
and multi-modal communication. Students will independently conduct assessment, planning
and delivery of services for clients, as well as providing community education.
- demonstrate professional entry level competency in clincal management of a range of
speech, language, voice, fluency or swallowing disorders;
- demonstrate professional entry level competency in communication of observations and
clinical finding to clients and others;
- demonstrate professional entry level professional and ethical behaviour appropriate
to the policies and procedures of the clinical placement setting and the profession
of speech pathology;
- demonstrate professional entry levels of competence across all units of CBOS 2011
in terms of independence, caseload complexity, efficiency and critical thinking.
- Assessment as follows:
- Clinical competencies - assessment of skills in clinical practice using COMPASS (assessment
tool) - (%)
- Clinical viva (a standard evaluation of student clinical problem solving and skill
development) - (%)
- Portfolio of clinical experience - a collection of material demonstrating developing
competency within the CBOS 2011 Framework - (%).
Special Assessment Requirements
This subject will be marked as a pass/fail. Students must successfully pass all individual
assessment requirements and placement related activities. Students must complete all
clinical placements hours and scheduled meetings.
||HS2401 AND HS3401 AND SL3001 AND SL3002 AND SL3004 AND SL3005 AND (SL3006 OR SL3106)
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
||Ms Louise Brown, Mr Roger Newman
||Ms Louise Brown, Mr Roger Newman.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 12 hours tutorials - 2 hours per week x 6 weeks
- 224 hours placement
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest