SL3006 - Speech Pathology Practice 3
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Enrolment in this subject is restricted to all students enrolled in the Bachelor of
Speech Pathology degree and Speech Pathology IHCAP Program(not Speech Pathology Honours
Students will progress with the development of their speech pathology project commenced
in SL3003. This project will lead to the design of a clinical or other speech pathology
review, guideline, service evaluation or service development which will be further
developed and finalised in SL4005 and SL4006. This subject will require students to
demonstrate the ability to finalise an answerable clinical questions and develop a
final project proposal with intended methodology and time line. If appropriate, the
project proposal may include an ethics application.
- demonstrate the ability to conceptualise a project plan to address a clinical or professional
area of need;
- demonstrate the ability to integrate well evaluated literature into a project plan;
- demonstrate ability to document a project plan effectively, scientifically and professionally.
- Invigilated > Presentations - (20%)
- Non-Invigilated > Assignments - (60%)
- Peer and self evaluation (individual) - (20%)
- Progress report (individual) - Hurdle - (%).
Special Assessment Requirements
Students must successfully pass all components to pass this subject. Students must
attend and actively participate in at least 80% of scheduled meetings and classes.
||(SL3003 OR SL3103) AND HS3401
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
||Ms Louise Brown, Dr Chris Plant
||Dr Trish Wielandt, Ms Louise Brown, Ms Frances Cochrane, Dr Chris Plant.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 26 hours workshops/Seminars - Classes and supervisory meetings
- assessment and self-directed study
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest