SL3003 - Speech Pathology Practice 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Enrolment in this subject is restricted to all students enrolled in the Bachelor of
Speech Pathology degree and Speech Pathology IHCAP Program (not Speech Pathology Honours
Students will work in small groups to identify a speech pathology project leading
to the development of a clinical or other speech pathology review, guideline, service
evaluation or service development which they will continue to work on in SL3006, SL4005
and SL4006. This subject will require students to demonstrate the ability to formulate
answerable clinical questions, develop effective search strategies and critically
appraise the research literature. Students will learn how to be critical consumers
of the research literature and begin to develop their project proposal.
- demonstrate the ability to formulate a project question or topic related to speech
- identify and review key literature to support initial project development;
- demonstrate ability to outline a plan for an evidence based project addressing a clinical
or professional area of need.
- Non-Invigilated > Assignments
- Proposed topic - (%)
- Preliminary literature review - (%)
- Peer and self evaluation - (%)
- Progress report (individual) - Hurdle - (%).
Special Assessment Requirements
Students must successfully pass all components to pass this subject. Students must
attend and actively participate in at least 80% of scheduled meetings and classes.
||HS2402 AND HS2403 AND SL2002 AND SL2003 AND SL2012 AND RH2002
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
||Ms Louise Brown
||Dr Trish Wielandt, Ms Louise Brown, Ms Frances Cochrane.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 26 hours workshops/Seminars
- assessment and self-directed study
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest