PY5001 - Psychological Assessment
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject will provide advanced knowledge and skills in psychological test administration,
interpretation and report writing. The main areas of psychological assessment that
will be addressed include behavioural, cognitive, clinical and personality assessment.
A lifespan perspective will be taken when critically reviewing psychological tests.
Basic knowledge of psychometric assessment, including knowledge of the construction,
implementation and interpretation of the more widely used standardised psychological
test instruments is required.
- critique commonly used psychological tests in clinical practice applying psychometric
principles of norms development, reliability, validity, test construction and test
- demonstrate skills in the use of psychological assessment tools and processes;
- integrate, interpret and synthesise clinical psychological assessment data with knowledge
of psychopathology to inform case formulation, diagnosis and intervention;
- integrate assessment results and clinical information into a professionally formatted
- assignments (40%)
- test administration (40%)
- test review (20%).
|PY5301 PY5302 PY5303 PY5304 PY5305 PY6301 PY6302 PY6303
Study Period 58
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 39 hours workshops/Seminars
- assessment and self-directed study
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest