PS3110 - Physiotherapy Independent Study
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject is available to students entering the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
program, following approval of the Head of Physiotherapy. Students will utilise previously
acquired skills and knowledge to develop an original project relevant to physiotherapy.
This subject will focus on the development of a research plan and involve the submission
and presentation of same.
- communicate utilising advanced oral and written skills the research proposal which
will add to the knowledge base of the physiotherapy profession;
- develop a project plan, including consideration of resource, timeframe, methodological
and ethical issues utilising advanced planning, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- critically evaluate evidence and concepts relevant to the research topic utilising
||PS3001 AND PS3002 AND PS3003 AND PS3006
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Dr Anne Jones.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately 130 hours.
- 36 hours - Students will be expected to meet with their supervisor at least fortnightly for the
duration for the study period and to spend 10 hours per week in independent study
on their thesis topic
- assessment and self-directed study
||presentations (15%); research proposal (35%); research project, literature review (50%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||All assessment items must be passed to pass the subject
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest