PS2003 - Physiotherapy 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Enrolment in this subject is restricted to all students enrolled in the Bachelor of
Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy IHCAP and the Bachelor of Physiotherapy Honours
This subject builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in PS1002:03 Introduction
to Physiotherapy Applications. Musculoskeletal cases of greater complexity will be
considered within the framework of holistic patient management. More advanced manual
therapy techniques will be developed. Safety considerations and the evidence base
for physiotherapy interventions will be emphasised.
- describe key pathophysiological aspects of selected musculoskeletal injuries and conditions;
- articulate and express sound clinical reasoning skills required to guide the assessment
and treatment planning process for an individual with selected musculoskeletal problems;
- articulate and exress the competent performance of specific musculoskeletal physiotherapy
assessment and treatment techniques;
- articulate and express effective communication skills required to produce a successful
||HS2402 AND HS2403 AND (HS2405 OR HS3401) AND PS2004
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Dr Carol Flavell
||Dr Anne Jones, Dr Carol Flavell, Miss Sue Barrs.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately 130 hours.
- 24 hours lectures
- 38 hours practicals
- 14 hours - Lectorials
- assessment and self-directed study
||end of semester exam (45%); other exams (25%); assignments (30%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||Students are required to achieve a pass mark in each practical examination and the
written examination paper in order to pass the subject.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest