PC1002 - Human Anatomy and Physiology 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences (pre 2015)
Available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Pharmacy.
This subject builds on fundamental concepts introduced in PC1001 and describes anatomy
function and structure of organ systems not covered in PC1001. This includes the respiratory,
renal, gastrointestinal, endocrine and reproductive systems. An introduction to nutrition
and physiological adaptations of organ systems to changes in environmental or metabolic
demands is also included.
- basic concepts of human nutrition and of adaptations of the bodys systems to changes
in environmental/metabolic demands;
- functional and structural aspects of the endocrine system;
- functional and structural aspects of the gastrointestinal system;
- functional and structural aspects of the renal system;
- functional and structural aspects of the reproductive system;
- functional and structural aspects of the respiratory system.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Dr Sean Holroyd
||Assoc. Professor Suzy Munns, Dr Damien Paris, Dr Sean Holroyd.
- 36 hours lectures
- 6 hours tutorials
- 18 hours practicals
||end of semester exam (70%); other exams (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest