PC1001 - Human Anatomy and Physiology 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences (pre 2015)
Available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Pharmacy.
This subject provides the foundation for all further studies in human anatomy, physiology
and pharmacology. It includes cell and tissue organisation; tissue excitation and
electrophysiology; the physiology of the nervous, musculoskeletal, blood and lymph
and immune and cardiovascular systems.
- cell and tissue structure and classification;
- electrical communication within excitable tissues;
- functional and structural aspects of the nervous, musculoskeletal, immune and cardiovascular
- overall body structure and organisation;
- the role of blood constituents and lymph in the body.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Dr Pam Megaw
- 36 hours lectures
- 6 hours tutorials
- 18 hours practicals
||end of semester exam (70%); other exams (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest