OT5201 - Advanced Mental Health Practice
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Applicants must have completed an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a relevant health
discipline at an Australian University or hold an equivalent international entry level
qualification. Note: Completion of the subject will not enable Australian registration
of overseas qualified health professionals.
This subject will provide an overview of the theory base in the field of mental health,
current Australian mental health care contexts and assessments routinely used in this
specialty area of practice.
- apply and critique appropriate theoretical concepts and professional frameworks in
a clinical situation;
- identify, critique and apply appropriate assessments in a clinical situation;
- identify, discuss and critique leading therapists' contribution to the theoretical
body of knowledge in the area of mental health.
- presentations (25%)
- assignments (50%)
- resource/portfolio (25%).
Special Assessment Requirements
In order to pass this subject you must successfully meet the pass criteria within
each assessment item and achieve a subject total of 50% or greater to pass the subject,
demonstrate completion of all compulsory on-line lectures, and participate in online
discussion forums and workshops.
|To enrol in this subject students will require the knowledge and skills commensurate
with completion of an undergraduate degree in a relevant health discipline.
Study Period 4
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
||Dr Trish Wielandt, Mr Brock Cook, Mr Daniel Lowrie
||Dr Trish Wielandt, Mr Brock Cook, Mr Daniel Lowrie.
- 10 hours lectures - Total of 10 online lectures covering core concepts
- 120 hours - Student self-directed learning activities
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest