OT3011 - Enhancing Practice Capabilities
|Student Contribution Band:
||Sch Public Health,Trop Medicine&Rehabilitation Sc (pre 2015)
This subject will commence in 2014. This is subject is only available to students
enrolled in occupational therapy.
The purpose of this subject is to equip students with necessary knowledge and skills
for practice in a range of clinical areas relevant to the local region. This subject
will build on knowledge gained in second year with regard to personal and contextual
determinants of occupation further developing this knowledge for application in contemporary
- apply skills and knowledge gained in previous years to specific areas of contemporary
- demonstrate sound clinical reasoning skills necessary for the development and delivery
of occupational therapy assessment and intervention;
- apply evidence based practice principles in supporting clinical decision making;
- synthesise knowledge of the physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional and contextual determinants
of occupation in shaping holistic occupational therapy assessment and intervention;
- examine and discuss the occupational therapy role across a range of practice fields
with an emphasis on tropical, regional, rural and remote locations.
||HS2401 AND HS2402 AND HS2403 AND (OT2013 OR OT2003) AND (OT2014 OR OT2004) AND (OT2015
OR (OT2011 AND OT2012) OR (RH2001 AND OT2006)) AND RH2002
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Mr Daniel Lowrie.
- 26 hours lectures - 1 x 2 hr lecture per week for 13 weeks
- 39 hours workshops/Seminars - 1 x 3 hr workshop per week for 13 weeks
||end of semester exam (% - 40%); assignments (% - 60%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||In order to pass this subject, students must attend 80% of the workshops, submit all
pieces of assessment, achieve a minimum of 50% in the viva (oral) exam and achieve
a minimum of 50% overall.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest