OT3004 - Rural and Urban Practice 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Available to level 3 or higher level Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy IHCAP
and Occupational Therapy Honours students.
This subject will provide a minimum of 266 hours (seven weeks at 38 hours/week) of
supervised practice education placement with flexible support from the University.
The aim of this placement is to integrate previously learnt material with new observations
and practical clinical education. The placement will be either rural or urban and
will enable the student to apply and utilise the theories and principles of occupational
therapy in a variety of settings.Students may be required to undertake placements
in a facility away from the campus at which they are currently enrolled, at their
- apply and integrate the theories and principles of occupational therapy in the placement
- demonstrate appropriate professional behaviours, including communication and self-management
skills to enable therapeutic and professional interactions;
- develop skills and knowledge for working in effective teams within the placement context;
- apply professional reasoning to interpret information gathered and formulate culturally
appropriate service provision in the placement setting.
- Student review of placement feedback survey - (%) - Individual
- Written > Learning plan - (%) - Individual
- Written > Letter/memorandum - (%) - Individual
- Performance/Practice/Product > Professional placement performance 1 - (%) - Individual
- Performance/Practice/Product > Professional placement performance 2 - (%) - Individual.
Special Assessment Requirements
Passing requirements: complete and submit all assessment items; pass every assessment
||HS3401 AND (OT3001 OR OT3010 OR OT3101) AND OT3011 AND OT3012
Study Period 8
|Census Date 12-Aug-2021
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest