OT2013 - Psycho-emotional Determinants of Occupation
|Student Contribution Band:
||Sch Public Health,Trop Medicine&Rehabilitation Sc (pre 2015)
This subject is only available to students enrolled in occupational therapy.
The purpose of this subject is for students to develop professional skills and competencies
in assessment, measurement, intervention planning and implementation of enabling strategies
to address personal psycho-emotional factors which impact on engagement in occupation.
- apply knowledge of life span development to the analysis of psycho-emotional factors
impacting on engagement in occupation;
- discuss factors that interrupt or disrupt psychological development and functioning;
- demonstrate competence in measurement and assessment of psycho-emotional factors impacting
on engagement in occupation;
- identify appropriate enabling strategies to address issues of psycho-emotional dysfunction
through the use of evidence based practice;
- demonstrate competence in professional documentation relating to the psycho-emotional
determinates of occupation.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||<Person not found>.
- 13 hours lectures - 1 hr per week
- 13 hours tutorials - 1 hr per week
- 26 hours workshops/Seminars - 2 hrs per week
- 25 hours clinical placement
||tutorial attendance and participation (%); assessment 1 (part a - 10% group; part b - 15% group; part c - 25% individual) (% - 50%); assessment 2 (part a - 25% individual written report; part b - 25% in class presentation) (% - 50%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||80% attendance and participation at tutorials and workshops is compulsory. All assessment
must be submitted to pass the subject.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest