NS5366 - Practice Development Project
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject will build on knowledge and skills acquired in NS5201. Practice development
is a process that can include both discovering new evidence for practice as well as
translating existing evidence into practice. Students will explore contemporary theories
of knowledge translation and practice development. There is a strong focus on the
application of student's previously acquired knowledge and skills in research through
the implementation of a service-learning project that will either investigate an aspect
of clinical practice, or the development of a practice development plan based on existing
evidence for practice.
- implement a service learning project or develop a practice development plan for implementation;
- discuss the concepts of practice development and knowledge translation;
- identify each of the components of the PARIHS framework;
- demonstrate the dissemination of outcomes of a service-learning project.
- assignments (40%)
- service learning project report or practice development plan (60%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest