NS5342 - Principles of Education for the Health Professional
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
Understanding the theories and models that underpin teaching and learning are of great
importance for an educator. This subject introduces the most prominent theories in
adult learning, and explores the ways in which they apply to a healthcare context.
The student will explore their own philosophy of teaching and learning, and apply
education theory to the practice of teaching. The subject culminates with the development
of a teaching plan that will enable the student to apply theory to their own practice.
- Plan teaching for adult learning in a clinical context;
- Develop a lesson plan for adult education;
- Apply principles of evaluation as part of a quality improvement cycle;
- Reflect on and describe a personal teaching philosophy;
- Apply theories of education and adult learning to the health context.
Study Period 83
|Census Date 16-May-2019
||Ms Marie Bodak
||Dr Narelle Biedermann, Dr Tracey Ahern, Ms Marie Bodak, Dr Susan Edwards.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 60 hours - Online accelerated program, 10 hours/week for 6 weeks
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||Online - JCU
||oral presentation (40%); teaching plan (50%); reflection (10%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest