NS5230 - Clinical Governance
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
The student will explore the development of clinical governance and apply the principles
to contemporary health care. The student's learning is extended and applied to addressing
nursing and midwifery problems related to clinical settings. The subject provides
the opportunity to design and develop a plan of action for a project that will be
used to improve client care. The topic for the major assignment is negotiated with
the subject coordinator. The project plan must be original and clinically focused
and related to the student's work setting.
- demonstrate the ability to design a project that addresses an identified clinical
problem relating to a specialist nursing/midwifery care environment;
- discuss the elements of clinical governance in a contemporary health care environment;
- differentiate the contributions that critical thinking, reflection and analysis play
in project development;
- articulate the relationship between the project and improved client care in the chosen
- explore and apply pillars of clinical governance.
Study Period 1
|Census Date 23-Mar-2017
||Mrs Leisa Sanderson.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||essays (40%); assignments (30%); concept/reflective paper (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest