NS4772 - Transition to Practice (Midwifery)
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject brings together key concepts covered throughout the previous years of
study organised by the NMBA National Competency Standards for the Midwife. Appraisal
of the four domains that address the central aspects of midwifery practice will construct
preparation for transition to practice as a graduate midwife.
- integrate knowledge from professional studies in preparation for the professional
- critically evaluate own preparedness for practice against the National Registration
Standards for the Midwife;
- articulate and address individual learning needs to facilitate the transition to professional
- demonstrate the accumulation and application of knowledge, skills and experiences
necessary to meet the NMBA registration requirements for the midwife.
- assessment consists of: presentation - personal midwifery philosophy (pass/fail);
professional development plan for graduate year (pass/fail); completion of midwifery
clinical workbook (pass/fail).
Special Assessment Requirements
All assessments will be non-graded Pass/Fail. A pass is required in all assessment
pieces to pass the subject.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
|Face to face teaching
- 30 hours workshops/Seminars
- 20 hours - Self directed learning
- 80 hours professional Experience
An enrolment quota applies to this offering.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest