NS4223 - Preparation for Nursing Practice
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Nursing, Midwifery & Nutrition (pre 2015)
This subject has been designed to prepare the student for the transition from undergraduate
student to professional registered nurse. The students are introduced to basic principles
of management, leadership and working within the multidisciplinary team.
- contribute effectively to group processes within the workplace;
- critically analyse the process of transition from student to novice RN;
- discuss quality improvement functions as components of the nurses responsibility to
the profession and to the organisation;
- display the ability to integrate a number of leadership and management strategies
into the novice RN role;
- identify key issues associated with seeking and obtaining employment as an RN.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
|Face to face teaching
(Dates to be advised)
||Ms Marie Bodak
||Dr Ylona Chun Tie, <Person not found>.
- 80 hours professional experience
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest