NS3991 - Midwifery Clinical Practice 1
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject will provide students with extended clinical experience to develop their
role of the midwife in providing woman centered care in alignment with the NMBA Midwifery
Standards of Practice (2018). Students will apply their knowledge and skills to assess
and plan evidence-based midwifery care in partnership with the woman. Decision making
and reflective practice are emphasised to ensure safe and effective care is provided
for both the woman and her baby in both hospital and community setting. Extended and
applied midwifery practice will focus on normal with an introduction to the variations
- apply principles of woman centered care in the provision of midwifery practice;
- utilise assessment data to identify, plan and review midwifery care of the woman and
- demonstrate practical application of evidence based midwifery practice;
- apply the NMBA Midwifery Standards of Practice (2018) in the provision of midwifery
- evaluate own care through reflective practice.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Mrs Michelle McElroy
||Mrs Helen Coxhead, Dr Marie McAuliffe, Miss Natalie Cusens, Mrs Michelle McElroy.
- 20 hours tutorials - Online tutorials
- 240 hours placement
||presentations (30%); assignments (40%); online unfolding scenario (30%); professional portfolio (%); recruit 2x cce (%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||Students must complete and submit all items of assessment; Professional Portfolio
100% P/F; achieve a cumulative score of 50% or more for the subject; Continuity of
Care Experiences - students recruit two CCE women.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest