NS3350 - Health and Illness in the Older Adult
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
The primary focus of the subject is to develop the student's awareness and knowledge
of ageing, the health concerns of the older adult and their special nursing needs.
It will examine key issues concerning health and illness and essential elements of
planning care so that students can support the client and their significant others
in the provision of safe, effective and sensitive care.
- describe ageing from a biological, sociological and psychological perspective;
- identify care needs specific to the older adult in a range of health care settings;
- recognise and respond to major health concerns associated with ageing; and;
- apply effective nursing strategies;
- explain health promotion and primary health considerations in relation to healthy
||NS2022 and (NS2214 OR NS2218) and NS2112 and NS2015 and PP2131 and PP2231
|Study Period 1,
|Census Date 28-Mar-2019
||Mrs Gaye Clark.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||end of semester exam (60%); assignments (40%).
|Special Assessment Requirements:
||Examinations may be scheduled outside regular university examination period - refer
to Clinical Ladder.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest