NS3310 - Applying Evidence to Practice
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Nursing, Midwifery & Nutrition (pre 2015)
This subject focuses on the translation of evidence to nursing and midwifery practice.
Students build on concepts of evidence introduced in the prerequisite subject NS3118.
During the semester, students are taught the processes of applying evidence at the
point of care and evaluating the effectiveness of the change process used. Students
are paired with clinical nurse mentors to plan for a change in clinical practice in
response to a previously identified focused clinical question and evidence based response
(NS3118). This innovative program goes beyond current coursework and clinical experiences
of students by partnering the students with clinicians to plan for the implementation
and evaluation of changes in nursing care delivery.
- Assess current nursing or midwifery practice in a clinical setting relevant to a focused
- Recommend a clinical course of action;
- Construct an evidence implementation plan for evidence based change;
- Plan to implement the clinical change;
- Plan to evaluate the process of change management used.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Assoc. Professor David Lindsay
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest