NS2216 - Rural and Remote Nursing
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject is focused on the challenges associated with working in rural and remote
communities. Students will gain an appreciation for the challenges that people living
in rural and remote communities face and the disparity between access and health outcomes
compared to regional and metropolitan healthcare settings. Students will learn the
potential that multidisciplinary health professionals, with culturally safe practice,
good communication and empathy, have to mitigate these disparities.
- identify uses of information and communication technologies in rural and remote areas
- analyse the contextual factors and health issues that impact on rural and remote nursing
- compare intersectoral, culturally safe, respectful health services that support individuals'
rights, interests, preferences and beliefs;
- appraise rural and remote workforce issues and the interdisciplinary role of health
professionals in rural and remote health care settings.
- Non-Invigilated > Assignments - (40%)
- Group ePoster - (30%)
- Proposal - (30%).
Special Assessment Requirements
Students must complete and submit all assessment items
||12CP WITHIN COURSES PERMITTED TO ENROL
Study Period 1
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
||Miss Vanessa Sparke
||Mr Alan Ramsay, Miss Vanessa Sparke, Ms Janene Antney.
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest