NS1003 - Introduction to Midwifery
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject will orientate students to the midwifery profession and the underpinning
philosophy of midwifery care. Professional experience placement will introduce the
student to the professional role of the midwife in practice.
- examine how events in history have influenced the development of the midwifery profession;
- describe the primary role of the midwife in the context of the healthcare team;
- outline the roles of professional and statutory authorities in the regulation of midwifery
and other health professionals;
- discuss the concept of evidence based midwifery practice;
- establish a professional portfolio to support personal and professional development.
||NS1771 AND HS1111
Study Period 2
|Census Date 23-Aug-2018
||Dr Marie McAuliffe, Miss Natalie Cusens
||Dr Marie McAuliffe, Miss Natalie Cusens.
- 10 hours lectures
- 40 hours tutorials
- 80 hours professional experience
||assignments; professional portfolio (pass/fail) (%); pep: amsat tool (pass/fail) (%).
An enrolment quota applies to this offering.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest