NS1003 - Introduction to Midwifery Practice
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Healthcare Sciences
This subject will orientate students to the midwifery profession and the underpinning
philosophy of midwifery care. Professional experience placement will introduce the
student to the professional role of the midwife in practice.
- examine how events in history have influenced the development of the midwifery profession;
- describe the primary role of the midwife in the context of the healthcare team;
- explain how primary health care principles are integral to consumer engagement and
- discuss the concept of evidence based midwifery practice and how this informs national
and international midwifery priorities;
- establish foundational skills to support professional practice.
||NS1771 AND HS1111 AND BM1011 AND NS1881
Study Period 2
|Census Date 29-Aug-2019
||Dr Marie McAuliffe, Miss Natalie Cusens
||Dr Marie McAuliffe, Miss Natalie Cusens, Mrs Michelle McElroy.
- 10 hours lectures
- 40 hours tutorials
- 80 hours professional experience
||presentations (20%); assignments (30%); essay (50%); pep: amsat tool [pass/fail] (%).
An enrolment quota applies to this offering.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest