NM3901 - Introduction to Web Design
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
This subject is concerned with the production of web pages and web sites and teaches
skills in principles of composition, HTML, CSS and the optimisation of a site via
core elements of typography, images, sound and animation. Emphasis will be on creativity,
usability and functionality, and examples of simple and sophisticated web sites will
be reviewed. Students are expected to create web pages that demonstrate their understanding
and use of good design principles and to collaborate with students from Information
- interpret various design briefs for web site development;
- develop high level diagnostic and evaluative strategies in assessing and critiquing
web based project performance;
- produce web page templates and functional sites demonstrating ownership and mastery
of web site construction;
- develop high order problem solving and creative insight to address functionality issues;
- understand the value and challenges of working with other disciplines.
|It is strongly recommended that students have completed either GA1313, NM2902, or
have foundation skills in design for new media settings.
|CP2010 NM2301 CP1806 CP1406 NM2420 CV2400
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||<Person not found>.
- 13 hours lectures
- 26 hours practicals
||end of semester exam (30%); collaborative web site project (50%); assignments (20%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest