NM3610 - Digital Music Technology
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
This subject focuses on theoretical and philosophical underpinnings and developments
in digital music technologies. Specific areas including as computer music, synthesis,
electro-acoustic music and new media are examined and reinforced through the utilisation
of a range of industry standard technologies.
- understanding of the emergence, development and current trends in computer music and
sound synthesis systems;
- understanding of the emergence, development and current trends in electro-acoustic
- understanding of the emergence, development and current trends in new media;
- practical experience with industry standard technologies as relative to computer music,
sound synthesis, electro-acoustic music and new media;
- knowledge of the key developments in music technology relative to the theoretical
and philosophical environments from which technologies emerge.
||NM1600 AND NM2600
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||<Person not found>.
- 13 hours lectures
- 26 hours tutorials
||quizzes or tests (20%); public performance (40%); assignments (20%); recording (20%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest