NM3590 - Form and Imagination
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
In this subject students will be engaged with convergent technologies in the contemporary
media arts. There will be a focus on conceptual development drawing on media arts
theory and practice. Processes related to creative prototyping and proof of concept
approaches will be presented along with workflows involving 2D and 3D rendering, interactive
media installation and other computer aided production techniques. Students will be
encouraged to produce innovative original outcomes for exhibition, event or contemporary
distribution. A presentation event concludes the subject.
- define approaches to contemporary media arts production;
- develop techniques to integrate contemporary media arts components;
- demonstrate the ability to produce a proof-of-concept outcome;
- evaluate the impact and influence of contemporary media arts.
- Written discourse - (30%)
- Recorded/rendered proof-of-concept creative work - (50%)
- Workbook folio - (20%).
|12 CP OF LEVEL 1 SUBJECTS
||NM2501 AND NM2570
Study Period 2
|Census Date 27-Aug-2020
||Dr Russell Milledge.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 39 hours lectures - Online engagement
- assessment and self-directed study
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest