NM3410 - Design Lab I
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
In this subject students will typically work in a collaborative environment to explore
design within business, social and cultural contexts. Students will examine advanced
design and communication concepts and produce creative projects. By using design thinking,
students will examine behaviour of people, customers and/or users, their needs and
motivations to develop communication and design solutions that will enrich people's
lives. These projects typically require an integration of knowledge and skills gained
throughout the entire design program.
- formulate strategies and solutions for advanced communication and design problems;
- construct advanced creative products that effectively communicate visual and textual
aesthetics to the relevant audience;
- integrate efficiently and effectively a range of media into projects;
- engage in collaborative and team- based projects, demonstrate high levels of professional
autonomy and interpersonal skill sets and understanding of contemporary issues related
to project development for social and/or commercial settings.
- Design Project - (60%)
- Design Research Project - (40%).
|12 CP OF LEVEL 1 SUBJECTS
||(NM1400 OR NM1401 OR NM2901 OR CV1420) AND (NM1410 OR NM2410 OR NM2402) AND (NM2400
OR NM3407) AND (NM2420 OR NM2301 OR NM3901 OR CV2420)
Study Period 4
|Census Date 26-Mar-2020
||Dr Russell Milledge.
The student workload for this
credit point subject is approximately
- 39 hours - Online engagement
- assessment and self-directed study
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest