NM2020 - Visual Communication & Creativity
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Arts, Society & Education
This subject is a teach-out offering available to students enrolled in the disestablished
BCAM degree only.
Students will be provided with a solid grounding in the theory and language of contemporary
arts, including a historical overview of the emergence of the discipline and an analysis
of new directions. The significant impact of global information networks will be explored
from a range of perspectives and students will also be exposed to a range of significant
art works that embody contemporary arts.
- explain the emergence and place of contemporary arts in society;
- apply the theory and language of contemporary arts across a range of contexts and
- contextualise contemporary arts as a discipline of arts practice.
|12 CP OF LEVEL 1 SUBJECTS
Study Period 1
|Census Date 28-Mar-2019
||Assoc. Professor Robyn Glade-Wright.
- 13 hours lectures - On-Line Lecture
- 13 hours tutorials - Threaded Discussion
- 13 hours practicals - Video Instructionals
|Method of Delivery:
||WWW - LearnJCU
||short survey (30%); quiz on lecture materials (20%); tutorial presentation (20%); online forum (weekly review) (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest