NM1702 - Acting Performance Text
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
Students become familiar with the language of acting, experience styles and genres
of world text and apply these skills to monologue performance. Students analyse selected
Australian contemporary texts and develop vocal, body/spatial awareness utilising
Laban, Rodenburg and Meisner methodologies for actor preparation in scenes for performance.
- acquire a broad understanding of the history, development and fundamental techniques
and processes of performance in world text;
- acquire a broad understanding of Australian plays within a social, political and historical
- ability to present a seminar on selected aspects of the performance text involving
researching the production history of the play, and ability to contribute to seminar
discussions and interactions;
- develop a fundamental experience of exploring the physical properties of texts in
individual and group scenes.
Study Period 2
|Census Date 28-Aug-2014
||Ms Arminelle Fleming, Dr David Salisbury.
- 13 hours lectures
- 26 hours workshops/Seminars
||quizzes or tests (20%); presentations (20%); text based performances (30% each) (60%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest