NM1500 - Introduction to Visual Arts
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Creative Arts (pre 2015)
Using a variety of resources including lectures, demonstrations and practical workshops,
students learn strategies for developing concepts, formulating solutions and organisation
of thought processes linked to visual ideas development using drawing as the medium.
Essentially this is an introduction to Visual Arts as means of formulating, testing
and experimenting with visualisation.
- apply broad understanding of concepts of drawing as a tool for visual communication;
- apply a range of art making processes to new media;
- apply suitable production and presentation techniques;
- explain effectively historical precedents of drawing.
|NM1502 VA1112 CV1520
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||Dr David Salisbury
||Ms Sandra Hook.
- 13 hours lectures
- 26 hours workshops/Seminars
||in class assessment 1 (25%); research portfolio (50%); in class assessment 2 (25%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest