MX2001 - Integrated Physician Assistant Studies Part 1 of 2
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Medicine & Dentistry
Available to Bachelor of Health Science (Physician Assistant) students only.
This subject is available to level 2 students enrolled in the Bachelor of Health Science(Physician
Assistant). The subject will cover human science, clinical skills, behavioural medicine,
paediatric and adult medicine studies. The topics will be presented in an integrated
fashion across the study period. Students will undertake clinical placements in primary
- demonstrate an understanding of the physician assistant role, including working in
a physician assistant doctor partnership in a delegated role, and the personal and
professional dimensions of this role within the Australian health system;
- demonstrate sound knowledge of human science particularly as relevant to human health
in the areas of advanced pharmacology, microbiology and the pathophysiological basis
- practically apply knowledge and basic clinical skills in the area of behavioural medicine
to demonstrate beginning level skills in clinical decision making in psychology and
- demonstrate sound knowledge of the ophthalmology, ENT, dermatology and immunology
and basic pathophysiology associated with these systems including allergies and toxicology.
- integrated assessment across subject chain (%).
Special Assessment Requirements
Attendance at residential schools and clinical placements is mandatory. Satisfactory
completion of the clinical aspects, including set competencies, is required.
||MX1010 & MX1020
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest