MO2011 - Working with Legislation
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Business, Law & Governance
Regulation of the workplace is becoming increasingly complex. Understanding how to
work with and interpret legislation is a vital tool for managers and senior staff
working within regulated workplaces. This module will provide participants with a
clearer understanding of the legislative process and the creation of delegated legislation.
It will provide tools for interpreting legislation and develop skills in applying
legislation to complex problems in the workplace environment. Legislation particular
to the relevant industry will be explored.
- Identify a range of possible interpretations or ambiguity in a legislative provision
and utilise the text, context and purpose to identify the most likely interpretation;
- Utilise the text, context and purpose to identify the meaning of a legislative provision;
- Apply interpretative skills to a practical problem scenario and communicate solution
effectively in writing;
- Utilise basic legislative and case law research skills;
- Identify and solve basic legal problems using legislation.
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest