ML4309 - Histology and Cytology Techniques
|Student Contribution Band:
||College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Available to students enrolled in Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science, Biomedical
Science and Science.
The teaching focus is on the techniques required in the sample preparation for histology
and cytological examination. Laboratory safety, as it pertains to the histology laboratory
will also be covered. Microtome use and care, staining procedures and quality assurance,
tissue imbedding and processing. Special techniques such as immunohistochemistry and
in vitro hybridisation will also be covered.
- display high level of proficiency in cytology sample preparation and staining;
- display high level of proficiency in immunological and molecular applications of tissue
and cell examination;
- display high level of proficiency in safe and effective microtome/cryotome use with
quality section preparation;
- describe and apply knowledge of stain and section quality assurance;
- display a high level working knowledge of tissue processing techniques.
||BM1002 AND BM1004
Study Period 9
|Census Date 10-Oct-2019
|Non-standard start/end 16-Sep-2019 to 22-Nov-2019
|Face to face teaching
16-Sep-2019 to 11-Oct-2019
||Dr Donna Rudd
||Assoc. Professor John Cavalieri, Dr Pam Megaw, Mrs Karen Reeks, Mr Walter Hautaniemi, <Person not found>.
- 24 hours lectures
- 12 hours tutorials
- 36 hours practicals
||end of semester exam (50%); other exams (20%); assignments (30%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement
process, and in case of
minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest