MI3421 - Medical Laboratory Science Microbiology Honours
|Student Contribution Band:
||School of Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences (pre 2015)
Available to level 3 Medical Laboratory Science Honours students.
Subject content as for MI3021.
- appreciate the hazards associated with working with pathogenic microorganisms and
develop the appropriate microbiological skills;
- describe in detail, the distribution of pathogenic microorganisms in the environment
and the normal flora of animal body systems and the diseases they cause;
- develop competencies for diagnosis of major parasite groups and common parasites of
humans and animals;
- understand the basis for and interpret biochemical reactions in the identification
of pathogenic bacteria;
- understand the need for the use of selective and differential media as an aid in the
initial identification of bacteria;
- undertake a critical literature review;
- undertake a research project proposal development.
|BC3401 and MI3021 and PP3451
Study Period 1
|Census Date 27-Mar-2014
||<Person not found>
||Assoc. Professor Brenda Govan, Assoc. Professor Ellen Ariel.
- 39 hours lectures
- 33 hours practicals
||end of semester exam (50%); other exams (50%).
Minor variations might occur due to the continuous Subject quality improvement process,
and in case
of minor variation(s) in assessment details, the Subject Outline represents the latest